Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default RPC - ganging smaller motors possible?

I'll be picking up my Bridgeport 2 HP 2J in a couple of weeks, so
it's time to start working on a rotary phase converter. I know that
my ideal size is 3 HP for the converter. There's a possibility of
getting two 2 HP motors incredibly cheap. Can you gang them together,
or is there a disadvantage to doing that?

I"m early in my search, so I don't know if there are any reasonably
priced 3 HP motors out there in our rural area at the present time.

RWL