Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can I add a second electric stove for the basement kitchen?

"mm" wrote in message
Would a propane stove be as hot as that?

Yes, it is. Most are equal Btu on each burner. The orifice is changed for
the different gas.

This is what we bought
http://www.bertazzoni-italia.com/Pro...CatID=PS&ID=47

The broiler is infra-red. We've had it since May, but I've not done a steak
under the broiler yet. One of the burners is 16,000 Btu and it can heat up a
cast iron pan very hot and will do a very good job searing a steak.

It was pricey compared to the average gas range, but it is incredible the
way it cooks. The oven is convection and roasts come out fantastic, nice
bark on the outside, yet very juicy on the inside.

We had a decent Roper range for years, but it cannot touch this one for
power and ability.