Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to insulate on a cold storage room

wrote in message

I would use conventional home insulation. In most areas that would
be fiberglass. I would not use Styrofoam unless I was going to put it
behind a fire resistant wall. That stuff is a real killer when it
burns.

Code does require foam be covered with drywall, but the product of
combustion are soot, water, carbon. It is actually safer than many other
materials in the home. It is an oil derivative and has about the same when
burned. Please take the time to look into it before making statements that
exaggerate. Foam plastic for insulation does have additives (bromides) to
make the fire go out when the source of ignition is removed.