Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default How to insulate on a cold storage room

On Oct 5, 4:15*pm, car crash wrote:
I have a cold storage room underneath my front porch. *It is poured
out of concrete. *It is around 20 long wide by 5 feet Wide. *We don't
use it at all for cold storage, but want to use it for regular storage
year round. *Obviously it is very cold in there during the winter.
How do I Insulate a cold storage room to make it useful at room
temperature ? *Should I frame the whole thing and then use R-12
insulation or something else ? *Should I just spray foam everything ?
Should I use Styrofoam ?

Any ideas would help.

Thanks.

You dont mention how it will be heated, insulation wont help without a
heat source, Humidity might be more of a problem than you realise.