Posted to alt.home.repair

Default electrical box above drop ceiling

On Oct 5, 6:10�pm, mm wrote:
On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 13:34:37 -0700 (PDT), sid
wrote:

Can I leave and/or add a electrical box above drop ceiling? No
receptacle or switch, just a junction box where multiple conduits
intersect. I know you can't bury one in a finished wall, but what
about above a drop-ceiling?

Thanks

I thought the purpose of drop ceilings was to cover the boxes.

I installed a dropped cieling in a back basement to cover up all the
surface wiring.

previous owners ran everything on the surface, so did the builder back
in 1950.

basements should always have suspended cielings for easy access