Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] rhbuxton@gmail.com is offline

Default Hydraulic motors

On Oct 5, 8:37*pm, "Leo Lichtman" wrote:
Didn't you say you have exra hydraulic pumps lying around? *I believe you
could use one of the pumps as a motor by pushing fluid through it.

Hi Leo, That is a good question that I don't have and answer for. I
have noticed that most pumps, in the range I am thinking about, have
input shafts around 3/8". Motors of this capacity have output shafts
that are around 5/8" to 3/4". I am not sure why that is other than
perhaps they are designed for "radial load" rather than just a
twisting load. I don't think I said that well but I hope you get what
I am trying to say! Rick