Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Tom Del Rosso[_3_] Tom Del Rosso[_3_] is offline

Default PBS

"Jim Thompson" wrote
in message
This Ifill situation reminds me of my feelings for PBS...

Until ~7 years ago I was a "PBS gold card" ($500-$1000/year)
contributor to PBS. (I know the time frame because I remember using
my "gold card" for a discount at a Sedona resort (Gawwwwd's and
McCain's country).

Then it struck me how biased PBS (and NPR) had become.

So I stopped being a contributor. Not that I'm reminded often.
_Nothing_, anymore, on PBS is worth watching ;-)

Given the quality of private enterprise cable TV, I think it
appropriate to cut off PBS (and NPR) from the public teat.

The quality of cable TV?????? The History Channel had some good
documentaries 10 years ago. Now it's the history of bulldozers channel.
They showed one on the history of paint. Not painting - paint. They don't
even show the old good ones as late-night reruns any more.

If Ifill betrays the public trust I suggest everyone join my
class-action suit to disband PBS.

I learned more science and history from PBS growing up than I learned from
school. It's no nore a special intterest than public school is. I have
never learned a single thing from The Learning Channel. What's on cable
that's remotely comparable to Nova?

PBS doesn't have anything of the caliber of The Ascent of Man or Meeting of
Minds any more, so why don't you petition to improve it. The new head of
WNET New York proved it can be done on the present budget. The old liberal
fool who previously ran the station was giving us Deepak Chopra seminars,
and not a single opera in 5 years. Under the new guy they have had two
operas a month and other improvements. Predictably, the leftist staff at
the station hates him.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.