Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Installing new vacuum breaker on a hose bib

Art wrote:
The bad news is that in Cary NC a couple of years ago, everyone had to use
bottled water due to contamination by bad plumbing at one house.

I looked it up -- that was owing to the City/Wake County mistakenly
connecting treated sewage water to the supply lines. Nothing whatsoever
a hose bib vacuum breaker is going to to against that.

I stand by my previous assertion it's a nearly non-existent problem--in
fact, I'd be interested if anyone could find a single documented
incident of any significance.