Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Comcast is dropping newsgroups

"Han" wrote

Value, whether fine woodworking, solar installations (BG!!), FR notes or
gold, is best defined as "what a willing buyer would pay for it".

Problem is definition of willing buyer. In a "hot" economy he is much
easier to find than in an economy just entering a recession. All those
properties secured by subprime mortgages were quite valuable 2 years ago.
Now they're worth much, much less. Most likely they'll be worth much more
again in a few years.

.... and with regard to the bailout, subprime mess, and attendant stock
market hysteria/plunge, let me repeat, once again, what I said/posted the
other day:

The absolute proof of something's true worth is how quickly it loses its
value.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/18/08