Posted to alt.home.repair
T. McQuinn T. McQuinn is offline

Default Postable Digital TV's?

aemeijers wrote:

Sounds like you are in a fringe area. I do pretty good with a
converter box and rabbit ears, except for one station that is a tough
catch even for analog and a roof antenna. I do find the digital
signals are much fussier about how the antenna is pointed. I'm just
farting around at this point, while I decide how much to spend on a
new roof antenna to replace the one that came with the house that is
in sad shape. (It will only be backup for Dishnet, so I don't want to
spend too much.) I clamped rabbit ears on a swiveling camera tripod in
the corner of the back living room, so I can easily rotate it as needed.

(No, no woman lives here. Why do you ask?)

--
aem sends...

I am 8 to 9 miles from all the Cincinnati transmitters and there are all
within a 4 degree bearing as calculated by antennaweb.org. I only have
trees obstructing the line of sight path. With various indoor antennas
(amplified and non) I have yet to do well with an indoor setup, though
analog works well. But the low power explanation might be the reason.
If indoor antennas are working for you guys I will hopefully experience
the same.

This is just a minor curiosity for me. Unless History Channel, NATGEO,
etc., give me a way to use my TV's receiver to pick up their stuff for
free I will remain on cable. Well, unless the bloody power goes out again.