Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default schottky SB340 -equivalents?

"b" wrote in message
On 3 oct, 10:13, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
page.

It's a very common problem on Philips PSU's. Replacement type is not
critical. Just about anything of similar rating, intended as a smps
secondary reccy, will work perfectly well in my experience.

Arfa

just tried a BY255, but got erratic operation and overheating -
probably couldn't handle the frequencies of the SMPS..... today I
bought an exact replacement schottky so will post back when
installed. Ben

???????????????
I guess I wasn't clear enough when I said

"intended as a smps secondary reccy".

The *exact* type is, as I said, not critical. The *generic* type of
course
*is*. A secondary-side reccy in a smps *must* be a high speed job,
typically
a Schottky type, as you were originally asking about. Sorry if I implied
otherwise ... :-)

Arfa

no worries Arfa, my misunderstanding. Anyway I fitted an SB 560 and
all seems well. thanks for all the responses!
B.

Glad you got it going. There's usually no other issues with that failure
mode in those machines. Just the diode, and that's it.

Arfa