Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Comcast is dropping newsgroups

Doug Winterburn wrote in
:

Morris Dovey wrote:

We'll remain solvent as long as Treasury has printing preses. :-) I
hope the lists help (to borrow words from Jefferson) to inform your
discretion.

Hopefully we won't need a wheelbarrow instead of a wallet to carry
enough of it to buy anything...

The consolation at the moment is that the number of US$ you can get for a
€ has risen since the dollar's low point a few months ago. That means
that our economy is better than it was with respect to the European
economy. It also means the Europeans can't buy as much American goods as
they could. But, overall, the US$ has been devalued by the current
series of events, and that was not a result of the loan crisis, but of
deficit spending by the current administration. Be ready for more
inflation in the years ahead, unless spending is reigned in. Which is
better for you and me, inflation or spending restrictions, I don't know

--
Best regards
Han