Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default My mister has a cold

"Stupendous Man" wrote in message
I'm using the little unit that only holds a half-gallon. I will order some
of the tablets. It sucks when the mister doesn't.
Thanks,
--
Stupendous Man,

I used to use one of those things-----but the damned residue would make the
quill on my Bridgeport so sticky it became hard to move. I'd drop it full
length, spray it with a chemical cleaner (industrial 409 type of stuff) and
run the quill up and down, dissolving the film. A good wipe down with a
clean cloth, then generous oiling would restore the feel of the quill. I
finally abandoned using the damned thing-----didn't like the deposit it left
on everything in the shop.

Harold