Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Chip chart in DropBox

Thanks for your comments - Denis, Grant, & Mark.

I wondered what my chips really looked like. Maybe they look "powdery"
because they're so small & I can't see their real shape. So I took a
pinch of chips & looked at them with a magnifier. Well, they aren't all
powdery. Maybe not "stringy", but a few a
http://home.comcast.net/~bobengelhardt/BandsawChips.jpg

Wondering about the feed pressure, I leaned on it for a cut & it did
seem better. But I didn't look at the chips closely. The CTS site
Denis' referred to cautioned about excessive distance between the blade
guides, as it will allow excessive bending & possible cracking at the
back. That would be more so with small (1/2") blades & excessive pressure.

That site also recommends feed pressures in terms of "Medium light",
"Medium", etc. Anybody ever see specific pressure recommendations?
I.e., in lbs?

BTW - my blade is actually 15 tpi. 15??! Yeah - I counted it 3 times.
It's a blade that came with the saw. After all these years of
counting teeth with a scale held beside them, I finally found an easy
way: press a piece of paper into the teeth, mark off a inch, & count the
holes:
http://home.comcast.net/~bobengelhardt/BandsawTeeth.jpg

Bob
--