Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Camden, NJ!!! HF: ITC -- Inside Track Club -- $9.99

"Pete Keillor" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 14:18:15 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"DrollTroll" wrote in message

DT, Sleepless -- and broke -- in Yonkers. And cramping.....

LOL! You really do need to get out of Yonkers more. g

The last time I was in Camden (always by missing a turn around the Ben
Franklin Bridge) it looked better, with live people moving about,
sitting on the steps visiting, playing chess... That was about 2004
or so.

Of course, the Thumbian I was taking to Bookbinder's was wishing for a
Hummer with twin .50's. Like my son said about Michigan folks, "They
may be yankees, but some are the damnedest rednecks I've ever met."
This one checks his handgun at the plant gate on the way in to work
during trapping season.

The time before was about 1980, and it looked like nothing but burned
out buildings, broken windows, and few winos or bodies propped up in
doorways here and there.

Pete Keillor

The latter sounds more like the Camden we know and love not. But things may
have gotten better. They surely couldn't get any worse.

It's like the town that time forgot. Everybody moved out, except those who
had nowhere else to go.

--
Ed Huntress