Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default Bridgeport dimension

On Sat, 04 Oct 2008 03:06:36 -0400, Wes wrote:

I put up a couple pages from a manual here.

http://www.garage-machinist.com/Brid...portHeight.jpg

Thanks. Iggy had that diagram too. That's the one I used to do the
calculation that it should be about 59-60". Sadly, the measurement
itself isn't on the diagram and an inch or two may be critical
depending on the height of the trailer.

I've found a couple sites with photos of how you guys have moved your
BPs. If I can lift the entire mill without removing the head, that
would be easiest. Probably going to have to roll it on pipes on
planks over the level grass to the back door of the cellar. Yeah,
when I built my house 22 years ago I made sure I had a walk in door
after having to pull a Clausing lathe and my Hardinge UM mill up
steps. Shoulda had a wider door put in to eliminate the need for
possibly having to remove the BP's table, but money was tighter then.

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions / help so far and thanks
Richard for measuring yours. Off now to Harbor Freight in
Harrisburg. There's one that will be closer to me in Williamsport
starting Nov 1st. My first trip to a HF store today.

RWL in beautiful central PA
(on a rainy Saturday AM )