Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default My mister has a cold

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Oct 2008 05:51:31 GMT, the infamous "Harold and Susan
Vordos" scrawled the following:

"Stupendous Man" wrote in message
My cool mist quit today and it had a load of snot in the tank clogging
it
up. I am using a eco-non-anything coolmist koolaid and water, and had it
all washed out 3 months ago. I use it most of the time I am milling, but
still only need to fill it once or twice a month.
What are you guys using to kill bacteria? I don't think adding gas or
laquer thinner to a water base will do, what about Lysol or another
alcohol?
--
Stupendous Man,

Try a small ultra-violet light.

Yeah, man. Get a blacklight and watch the cool patterns in the mist.
thud Oops, I'm back. What was it you were saying, 'Arry?

Are you talking about the UV lights like they use to purify spas?

Yep! The air bubbler Gunner mentioned can be a good idea, too, assuming
the growth is anaerobic. Could probably control it with silver, too.

Harold