Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default cost of junk metal

On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 20:42:59 -0700 (PDT), Jim
wrote:

I'm giving serious consideration to taking up gas welding/brazing to
try my hand at metal sculpturing. Today I called a local welding
supply and the last question I asked was where would someone like me
get metal to practice welding. I then popped by the suggested place
and found out they offer both old and new metal. I asked about how
old metal is priced. The guy told me by the pound with a cost of $.30/
lb. I live about 50 south of Indianapolis. How does this sound for
the price of old metal? Was I being sized up for extra bucks or does
that sound reasonable.

Thank much.

Have a Great Day,
Jim

sounds damned good. Im paying .60 for steel shapes here in California

"Obama, raises taxes and kills babies. Sarah Palin - raises babies
and kills taxes." Pyotr Flipivich