Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Steve[_22_] Steve[_22_] is offline

Default Instruments finished with KTM-9 Waterborne Lacquer

See my answers below:

--Steve in Roseville

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Steve" wrote in message
est...
Pictures of the instruments I mentioned in a post on rec.woodworking.

The picture named "N7_4_Coats_of_KTM9_01.JPG" shows what the body of an
acoustic guitar looked like after the application of 4 coats of KTM-9
using a 1-inch foam brush. I gave it a total of 8 coats before
level-sanding and polishing the body. I wiped down the body with
Isopropyl alcohol between coats to assist with the burning in of each
coat to the previous one.

--Steve in Roseville

I have to echo Swingman's sentiments. Good work there Steve. That is the
purtiest electric bass I have ever seen.

Thanks!

What kind of wood is the body?

The body is a quilted burl western bigleaf maple top on alder

And what is the inlay material?

The inlay consists of white mother-of-pearl and abalone on a rosewood
fingerboard. I purchased the inlaid fingerboard from Bruce Wei in
Taiwan.

How much would a custom bass like this run?

My basses are typically priced between $1300 to $1700.
This one is more - about $1800. Contact me at
stephen.cyr *at* smctek *dot* com if you'd like to discuss
further, or see my website: www.cyrguitars.com