Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Redelfs Jim Redelfs is offline

Default Electric Fence

In article ,
Robert Blass wrote:

Not for keeping animals IN but for keeping neighbors OUT.

I installed an "electric fence" inside my chain-link fence-enclosed
backyard. The wire was an inch or so below the top rail.

I bought the charger/fencer from a local farm supply store. It was
rated to 30 miles of wire. Needless to say, it was more than adequate
for my back yard.

The arrangement was completely effective in keeping my large, yellow
Labrador Retriever from climbing the fence. Given the report from my
grown daughter and the young girl next door, both inadvertently having
contacted the wire, I am absolutely certain that the "fence" was
effective in keeping people OUT, too.

Don't tell your home insurance agent of your plan. They'll drop you
like a hot potato. Don't tell your neighbors, either. They'll respond
to the challenge like never before. If you think your ahem
relationship with [whomever you wish to keep out] is bad now, just wait
until they get zapped.

A better solution: Pull your window shades and turn up the volume on
your TV. Good luck. You'll need it.
--

JR