Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default My mister has a cold

Stupendous Man wrote:

http://www.using-hydrogen-peroxide.c...-peroxide.html

This stuff is 12% concentration Hydrogen Peroxide.

Handle with care. Wear eye protection.
The stuff will burn you chemically.

(That is, if you happen to expose broken skin to it.
otherwise, normal precautions are sufficient.)

Dump a little in the tank, swish it around and check it 24 hrs later.

Cautions listed: strong oxidizer, causes irritation, effects may be

What's that going to do to aluminum and steel?

I'm guessing, not much.

If you dose conservatively, the liberated oxygen will be spent in
converting the organics to ash.
For example, I spray full-strength 12% H2O2 in my shower
from a bottle. The aluminum door track remains shiny.

The term 'strong oxidizer' is advice to folks who haven't used
a 'smoke wrench'.

--Winston