Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] man@privacy.net[_2_] is offline

Default Concrete - Using Quickcrete, how much to mix?

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 23:44:45 +0000 (UTC), "SteveBell"

:
: Rough sides:
:
:http://fox302.com/index.pl?s=vf&user... ughsides.jpg
:
: Is there something I can do to fill in the sides? I figure it will
: hold up, it just looks lousy.
:
: Forms:
:
:http://fox302.com/index.pl?s=vf&user...le=Fo rms.jpg
:
: Net effect:
:
:http://fox302.com/index.pl?s=vf&user...e teffect.jpg
:
:You needed more water. Oh well, live and learn. It will work just fine.
:
:Let the concrete cure for a few weeks (or months if you want) until it
:gets its final color, then apply some sanded mortar. The store will
:have a color chart you can use to get the best match. I have a Mapei
brand name) chart that must have 60 different colors, so there's bound
:to be one that will suit you.
:
:Heck, go wild and cover the whole border with the nice turquoise color.
:;-)

I have some Quikcrete mortar, 60 lb that I've been storing in plastic,
sort of like drywall mix containers to remortar my external brick walls.
I'll maybe use that or if I don't like the color go for a color match.
Thanks!

Dan