Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] man@privacy.net[_2_] is offline

Default Sealing/insulating a garage door

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 21:52:26 GMT, (DA)
wrote:

:Hello all,
:I have a two-bay garage door that has a pesky problem: every time it rains
:water gets collected inside the panels and then drips on you and stuff
:inside the garage when you open the door.

I have no such problems with my wooden garage door. It looks homemade,
and after many years the ply paneling wasn't so hot. I started stripping
off the old paint with intention to refinish and just decided to replace
the paneling. Bought the plywood and stored it in the garage until I got
around to rebuilding the door and painting it. Came out nice. It's a
single car garage, and manual door.

Dan