Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default schottky SB340 -equivalents?

"b" wrote in message
On 1 oct, 02:53, "Arfa Daily" wrote:
"ian field" wrote in message

"b" wrote in message
I'm repairing a dead philips VR 600, the SB340 diode on one PSU output
gave s/c both directions, I don't have one in my spares box...anyone
know of a suitable equivalent?

datasheet:
http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/data.../4/SB340.shtml

cheers,

I googled "3A 40V shottky barrier" and got several results on the first
page.

It's a very common problem on Philips PSU's. Replacement type is not
critical. Just about anything of similar rating, intended as a smps
secondary reccy, will work perfectly well in my experience.

Arfa

just tried a BY255, but got erratic operation and overheating -
probably couldn't handle the frequencies of the SMPS..... today I
bought an exact replacement schottky so will post back when
installed. Ben

I guess I wasn't clear enough when I said

"intended as a smps secondary reccy".

The *exact* type is, as I said, not critical. The *generic* type of course
*is*. A secondary-side reccy in a smps *must* be a high speed job, typically
a Schottky type, as you were originally asking about. Sorry if I implied
otherwise ... :-)

Arfa