Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default How many wires needed for thermostat?

Uncle Monster wrote:
scorpionleather wrote:
I just noticed my existing wire bundle going to the thermostat has 4
wires but I am having a new variable speed two stage furnace (Trane
XV80) installed with the existing one stage condenser. I looked in
the Honeywell VisionPro thermostate install guide and it looks like I
might need at least 5 or 6 wires. The installer will discover
whatever needs to be done, but just wondering ahead of time if they
will have to replace this wire because it goes through some tricky
wall sections.

There is a product available for this situation.
If your HVAC tech is not familiar with the item,
print out the information for him/her/it.

http://jacksonsystems.com/search/156

http://www.johnstonesupply.com/corp/...uct_group=5161

[8~{} Uncle Monster

Hmmm,
I just went to wireless thermostat. Couldn't run any extra wires easily.