Posted to misc.consumers.house
SteveBell SteveBell is offline

Default Leaking Toilet Water Supply Valve Repair Guide

Paul Michaels wrote:

My home was built in 1984 so I wasn't surprised when water started
leaking from behind the toilet in one of the bathrooms.

Upon further examination, I figured out that the water was leaking
from the valve stem (knob you screw in/out to turn on/off the water)
that is attached to the toilet water supply valve assembly.

Not including the trip to Home Depot, it took about 30 minutes and $5
to replace the old part and stop the leak.

I took pictures of the procedure and wrote up a quick guide to assist
anyone else dealing with this common problem.

Here's the gallery -

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/T...-Repair-Guide/

I hope someone finds it useful.

Cheers,
Paul Michaels
Ft. Lauderdale, FL

That's a nice summary. Thanks.

You might add something about quarter-turn valves. They're the latest
standard.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement