Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DrollTroll DrollTroll is offline

Default HF: ITC -- Inside Track Club -- $9.99

Awl --

Inyone join? Worth it?

I already have misgivings about my effing Costco membership, where I gotta
buy a pallet full of crap at about the same unit price as the crap in my
local supermarket.

I go to Costco mainly for the free food samples -- it's on the way to my
tooling supplier.

But, I must say, *some* of HF's stuff is priced "right".

For example, I searched high and low for clamp on multimeters/ammeters,
cheapest I could find was about $22. Bought a bunch.

Logged on to HF today, saw'em for $9.99!! And they also had much cheaper
regular digital multimeters than what I had been able to find.
Also, 24 pack of button cell batteries, $2.99!
wow....

Ditto casters -- they have by far the cheapest small swivel plate casters,
99c w/ 2" wheels, and slightly smaller, 4 for $1.69!! Discounted caster
warehouses don't even come close, and you'd think they would.

Graingers is surprisingly good, both price and variety, on casters. As good
as the discounted places, afaict.

But, a lot of other stuff, esp. name brand, is no great bargain at HF.

And their wetstone wheel, for I think $99 (on sale) can be had at Sears for
$30, and the Sears' is double-sided/reversible.

Eternal vigilance, I spose....

--
DT