Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus23721 Ignoramus23721 is offline

Default Mitutoyo Digimatic caliper error "Err 05"

On 2008-10-02, Joseph Gwinn wrote:
In article ,
"Rob Fraser" FraserRacing"AT"RobFraser.Net wrote:

A lot of it stems from folks not being able to read analog tools anymore.

Need proof- hand a college kid a non-digital caliper or mic and enjoy the
bewildered look on his face

When I was a college kid, I did know how to read a vernier caliper
because I had used some birthday-resent money to buy a 6" Helios caliper
(which I still have). This ability amazed my summer-job bosses at RCA
(when it was a major defense contractor).

Now, my eyes aren't good enough unless the light is perfect, so I use
dial or digital calipers.

I was taught how to use them, 21 years ago, an almost useless skill by
now.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/