Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default (Off Topic) Electronics Magazines? What's out there?

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 02:40:05 -0700, Daniel Rudy
wrote:

I've been wondering what electronics magazines are out there these days.
I know about Nuts'n'Volts and Circuit Cellar. And it seems that
Popular Electronics, Radio Electronics, and Electronics Now, that I used
to read when I was in high school, have vanished. Is there anything
good out there these days besides the afore mentioned titles?

Well, the industry has moved away from general purpose magazines and
into specialty niches. There are also a rather large number of trade
journals, which are too numerous to list. It would be helpful if you
specify what area of electonics you're interested in reading.

For entertainment, here are some of my magazine reading list with some
URL's:

Electronic Design http://electronicdesign.com/
EDN http://www.edn.com/
RF Design http://rfdesign.com/
MRT http://urgentcomm.com/
QST http://www.arrl.org/qst/
QEX http://www.arrl.org/qex/
Make http://makezine.com/
Machine Design http://machinedesign.com/
Home Power http://www.homepower.com/
Missing Critical http://www.rrmediagroup.com/
CED http://www.cedmagazine.com/
IEEE Spectrum http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/
Various IEEE publications and procedings.
etc...
and a mess of obscure tade journals covering CATV, wireless,
computahs, politix, etc. I get some 2nd hand from various employees.
My guess is about 50+ magazines per month.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D