Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Maintanince on furnace..etc.

On Sep 30, 6:48*am, Bubba wrote:
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 04:28:13 -0700 (PDT), Frank

wrote:
On Sep 30, 12:10*am, jazz wrote:
How often do you get your *furnace / AC maintained. I live in cold
climate with 2-3 months of hot. *I was recommended yearly for both.
Are the
extended *service plans worth the extra cost.

Thanks

Heard an HVAC guy say that oil furnaces should be serviced annually
but it is OK to go a few years with gas.

Nope. Wrong. It all gets serviced annually. Read your
installation/service manual. Most are not even recommending and
requiring that they be serviced annually to keep your warranty in
effect. Its all in print. Read it for yourself.
Bubba

Oh and Bubbaass mr greenteeth, My Lennox Installer- Dealer said Yearly
Maintenance is NOT REQUIRED. Go back to the hole
alt.hvachackingisawayoflifeweknow****.com