Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics
John Doe John Doe is offline

Default Where to buy one 18 V cordless drill motor? (USA)

JeffM wrote:

John Doe wrote:

Any good online merchants that sell the equivalent of cordless
drill motors from 14.4 to 36 volts?

I'd put a WTB ad in my local Recycler newpaper.
**Battery-powered drill wanted. Dead battery is OK.**
Bet you get more calls than you can handle.

The problem I have with a cordless drill motor that comes inside of
a cordless drill is that it has a very short shaft with a gear stuck
to it. I need a motor with a minimum 1" shaft without a gear. The
other properties of a cordless drill motor are very well suited for
my project, especially the fact that a cordless drill comes with a
battery holder and a controller.