Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics
Allodoxaphobia Allodoxaphobia is offline

Default Where to buy one 18 V cordless drill motor? (USA)

On Wed, 1 Oct 2008 17:26:47 -0700 (PDT), JeffM wrote:
John Doe wrote:
Any good online merchants that sell the equivalent of cordless drill
motors from 14.4 to 36 volts?

I'd put a WTB ad in my local Recycler newpaper.
**Battery-powered drill wanted. Dead battery is OK.**
Bet you get more calls than you can handle.

Yep. I see them all the time in the second-hand stores: Goodwill, ARC,
The Salvation Army, etc. It's my observation that they are donated
(i.e., tossed) because the battery went bad and it was discovered that
the price of a replacement battery was more than a whole bright, shiny,
new kit.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux