Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] gazz@talk21.com is offline

Default Is this electrical leqkage

With the rising cost of electricity in the UK I purchased a meter that
tells me how must electricity I am using. I have found this very
useful and have managed to reduce my usage (mainly just removing and
switching off things) what I looked at today as the house was empty
was to try and get the reading as low as possible, What appears to be
happening is that I can not get it below 100Watts buy turning
everything off I can find. If I switch the two ring mains (plug
sockets) off I can get it to zero. I believe the unit is accurate any
ideas where the 100Watts are being used, can there be a leakage?

Thanks
gazz