Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jim Thompson Jim Thompson is offline

Default Want to build a HEI ignition module similar to 70's style

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:18:24 -0400, default
wrote:

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 11:15:34 GMT, Ross Herbert
wrote:

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:26:42 -0400, default wrote:

oes anyone have a schematic for a simple four pin HEI ignition module
:from 1970's+ ignition systems. They appear to contain an SCR and a
air of diodes and resistors.
:
:Pickup Coil connects to two terminals and battery and induction coil
rimary the other two, mounting screw provides a ground connection.
:
:Original type mounted to the distributor plate on GM cars and others
:and was ~1/4 round shape - I want to adapt it to a motorcycle that has
ickup coils mounted remote from the modules.

Most 70's era street bikes would run from the 12V battery supply so you would
have to buy a kit suitable for this power supply. I don't know where you are but
here is one kit http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5442

The bike is 80's runs from the battery. They call it a CDI but it
isn't - runs from 12V with no HT generator coil - the module just has
4-5 components in it (potted in black goo) induction coil is ~3.5
ohms.

[snip]

Doesn't take much to make a CD Ignition, see....

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/CD-Ignition-Basic.pdf

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food