Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default (Off Topic) Electronics Magazines? What's out there?

"Daniel Rudy" wrote in message

I've been wondering what electronics magazines are out there these
days. I know about Nuts'n'Volts and Circuit Cellar. And it seems that
Popular Electronics, Radio Electronics, and Electronics Now, that
I used to read when I was in high school, have vanished. Is there
anything good out there these days besides the afore mentioned titles?

MAKE: is not, strictly speaking, an electronics magazine, but it has
electronics projects. You should be warned that its editors have little real
technical knowledge and refuse to acknowledge or correct errors.

Heck, I'm old enough to remember "Electronics World" -- and I still miss it.
It was the only general-circulation electronics magazine that could arguably
be said to be aimed at professionals. (There was also "Electronics", which
was before my time.)

The decline of electronics magazines seems to have been caused by the
falling interest in electronics as a hobby, and by the decline of the US as
a major manufacturer of electronic products. The fact that most electronic
products have become so complex (and cheap to manufacture overseas) that you
can no longer buy kits (Heath, Allied, Lafayette) doesn't help, either.