Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Dry wall anchors for metal studs

PanHandler wrote:
"BobK207" wrote in message
On Sep 30, 9:09 am, crabshell wrote:
RicodJour wrote in
:

On Sep 30, 11:56 am, crabshell wrote:
What kind of drywall anchors should I use with metal studs?
Depends on what you're hanging. If it's not too great of a load I use
toggle bolts or Molly anchors.

It's a wood plaque that weighs about 3 lbs.

If it's that small, I'd use those little plastic inserts.

Drill a slightly undersized hole in the drywall, push them in & use a
small screw.

Or alternatively use picture hooks.

For really heavy loads, self-drilling / self-taping sheet metal screws
into the steel studs provide a very strong connection.

What is the tape for?

Velcro 2-layer tape- stick half to the wall, and half to the item you
want to hang up. Unless wall or item is greasy, will easily hold several
pounds. And because the velcro pulls apart, you can keep trying till you
get it exactly straight on the wall. If the paint is sem-gloss or
shinier, you can usually pull it off without any visible damage. I use
it a lot at work, on the 80 year old hard plaster over brick walls that
we are not allowed to molest with holes.

--
aem sends...