Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Keeping things from freezing

Richard Evans wrote:

I live in North Carolina where winters are mild.
[ unheated outbuilding ] ... I threw out all the latex
paint, Elmer's glue, etc. on the assumption that, at some time, it
had
been frozen. I've been restocking, and now that Fall is here I'm
thinking of ways to keep the new stuff from freezing.

The lowest cost way to solve problem is to buy some elcheapo 30-50 qt
styrofoam coolers.

Lay a piece of 1/4 ply or hardboad in bottom of cooler to distribute
load.

Hang a 7-1/2 wat light bulb protected by a plastic cage (The type that
are OSHA req'd for bare stringer lights) and get a beer.

You could also build a box using 1/2 CDX and 1-1/2 foil faced urethane
foam, but it will take more time and cost more money.

BTDT, forget the T-Shirt.

Have fun.

Lew