Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus28941 Ignoramus28941 is offline

Default Mitutoyo Digimatic caliper error "Err 05"

On 2008-10-01, Phil Kangas wrote:

"Ignoramus28941" wrote in message
wrote:
I bought this caliper 14 years ago at a pawn shop in

Oklahoma. No
manual either.

Think you got your moneys worth yet?

Most definitely. It served me faithfully for these

years, and cost
just $20.

Then put it in a nice little shadowbox, drape it in

black crepe and
put a RIP-2008 plate on it, and get another one. They

are cheap and
frankly ...disposable.

I will keep using it, for wood and stuff, where I do not

need the
readout.

You mean, like, measure it with a caliper, mark it off with a crayon
and cut it off with a chain saw? sorry, couldn't resist.......;)

Almost!

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/