Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dry wall anchors for metal studs

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
On 9/30/2008 9:41 AM BobK207 spake thus:

On Sep 30, 9:09 am, crabshell wrote:
RicodJour wrote in
:

On Sep 30, 11:56 am, crabshell wrote:
What kind of drywall anchors should I use with metal studs?

Depends on what you're hanging. If it's not too great of a load I use
toggle bolts or Molly anchors.

It's a wood plaque that weighs about 3 lbs.

If it's that small, I'd use those little plastic inserts.

Drill a slightly undersized hole in the drywall, push them in & use a
small screw.

Or alternatively use picture hooks.

There's something even better.

One of my customers had me hang a mirror with some hooks she got, I think,
at Home Despot: they were called something like "Super Hooks", "Mega
Hooks" or some such. They're hardened steel hooks that you basically just
jam the sharp end of into the wall and push in. The shape of the hook
holds it securely. (They only work on drywall, not lath and plaster
walls.) They're about 6" long, but only a small hook protrudes from the
wall after installation.

I haven't been able to find these hooks anywhere. Anyone else ever seen
them or know where to get them?

*My mother got a bunch of those hooks from somewhere. I was very impressed
with their holding power and ease of installation. They also make minimal
damage to the wall.