Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Dry wall anchors for metal studs

On Sep 30, 12:09*pm, crabshell wrote:
RicodJour wrote
On Sep 30, 11:56*am, crabshell wrote:

What kind of drywall anchors should I use with metal studs?

Depends on what you're hanging. *If it's not too great of a load I use
toggle bolts or Molly anchors.

It's a wood plaque that weighs about 3 lbs.

You don't even have to hit the metal studs with something that light.
You can use a plastic anchor right into the drywall. I like the ones
that have a trident shaped point and drill into the drywall, then the
screw is screwed into the plastic drill-in anchor (don't hit studs
with these). There are plenty of people that would simply use a nail
driven at an incline into the drywall and call it good. Whether you
should do that or not would depend on the value of what you were
hanging.