Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default radio static

"zirath" wrote in message
Our lcd computer monitor is causing alot of static on some am radio
stations.

Was wondering what type of capacitor to use to filter?

Thanks.

AM is very susceptible to this kind of interference so there may not be much
you can do, a while back I was having problems with FM reception - at the
time I had access to split type clip-on ferrite collars from scrap equipment
and clipping these onto the mains leads for everything (including the radio)
got the interference down to a bearable level. It might be worth a try if
you can get hold of some ferrite collars, the one piece non-splittable types
are more common but can only be used on leads with removable plugs, you'll
need some splittable clip-on types for the leads with moulded plugs.