Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
randyswoodshoop randyswoodshoop is offline

Default How do you sharpen your tools?

On Sep 27, 11:32*pm, errfrsdaf wrote:
I've been using a cheap grinder with a cheap wheel
sharpening cheap tools. *Sorry it's all I have!

But I do want to put a better wheel (a finer one too)
on my grinder. *Any recommendations?
** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

I have a slow speed grinder and use a white wheel for grinding..I also
use a wolerine sharpen sytem with this grinder... works well.
The system helps me get the correct angle on the tools.
I also sometimes use my belt sander. I have a 1" belt sander , which I
have belt, I purchased from lee valley made for sharpening knives. It
also works great for putting a good edge on some tools
Randy
http://nokeswoodworks.com