Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul K. Dickman Paul K. Dickman is offline

Default 3 TPI Acme thread

"Wayne" wrote in message
A friend at work has a wine press which needs some help. The internal
threads of a piece that moves up and down on an acme thread are damaged.
I've been unsuccesful at getting him to bring it so I can measure it.
Through other methods it appears to be 1.25 x 3 TPI (or possibly
M32 x 8.5). I haven't been able to find any sources for any acme
nuts of that size. The lowest the my lathe will go is to 4 TPI.
It will also do 6 or 9 TPI.
Is there anyway to fudge a 3 TPI?

Wayne D.

Once you actually measure it, on the odd chance that it matches, I have a 1
1/8-3 lh acme unitap laying around.

You are welcome to borrow it.

If it doesn't match, good luck anyway.

Paul K. Dickman