Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Laminate and uneven floor

George wrote:
"stuart noble" wrote in message
George wrote:
"Painters10" wrote in message
I've started laying my tile effect laminate and so far it's gone OK,
but I am now next to a rather awkward doorbar and I wondered what
other people might do.

Basically we knocked 3 rooms into one and had to screed some floors
areas to bring up the levels and flatten them. However the doorway I
now need to put flooring up to is right at the end of the screed, and
so there is a big level change on the existing door bar.

Here's a pictu
http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doorbarhs2.jpg

Any problem laying down a screed of SLC or sand&cement? for that area or
a sheet of wood to pack it out level.

Wish I had that problem rather than one sq metre corner of living room
being higher than the rest,its just not feasible to lay another SLC down
on the floor for one sq metre so I'll have to thin of a way of digging it
out?

IME drilling a series of holes to a certain depth is better than attacking
it with an sds chisel. Tedious, but then it usually chops out neatly with
a bolster and club hammer.

How good realy are those SDS drills at taking a few mm of concrete off the
floor?

Not very good IME, but it probably depends on the quality of the
concrete. Used at an angle, the chisel tends to just bounce across the
surface

don't have one but willing to buy one if they work well without
breaking up the solid lower core.