Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default Laminate and uneven floor

"Painters10" wrote in message
I've started laying my tile effect laminate and so far it's gone OK,
but I am now next to a rather awkward doorbar and I wondered what
other people might do.

Basically we knocked 3 rooms into one and had to screed some floors
areas to bring up the levels and flatten them. However the doorway I
now need to put flooring up to is right at the end of the screed, and
so there is a big level change on the existing door bar.

Here's a pictu
http://img220.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doorbarhs2.jpg

Any problem laying down a screed of SLC or sand&cement? for that area or a
sheet of wood to pack it out level.

Wish I had that problem rather than one sq metre corner of living room being
higher than the rest,its just not feasible to lay another SLC down on the
floor for one sq metre so I'll have to thin of a way of digging it out?