Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Source for remote control 13A plugs ...

In article ,
Gotde T Shirt writes:
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 03:10:19 -0700 (PDT), Jethro wrote:

I want to be able to power-cycle my loft based PC ... anyone know of a
good reliable remote control plug ?

Power cycling a Windows PC via the mains power input isn't to be
recommended, because it can lead to disk corruption. You're supposed to
shut it down (or restart it) gracefully from within Windows.

He might be running a less fragile OS ;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel