Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207 BobK207 is offline

Default Hiding aggregate in concrete pour

On Sep 29, 4:14*pm, dpb wrote:
fourrings wrote:
Vibrating during pour sounds like the ticket. *I'll have to wait and
see the results. *Thank you both!

I will however need to reconsider the melamine choice as I'm not
looking for a glass-smooth surface. *The goal is having a surface to
the like of 1000 grit sandpaper: smooth, yet not glossy. *Any
suggestions?

It ain't gonna' be glossy out of the mold, even w/ melamine.

Also, ain't nothin' like a small practice piece or two (or three)...

--

Sonotubes can generate a glass finish..... interior designers love it.

The key to a glass finish is super smooth form material (hard to beat
waxed cardboard) and super low adhesion so as to not pull off the
glass finish when removing the forms.

The melamine will most likely give a smooth but not glassy finish

OP-

Per dpb comments...if finish is so important how about some test runs?

cheers
Bob