Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Mitutoyo Digimatic caliper error "Err 05"

On 2008-09-29, Ignoramus24410 wrote:
My Mitutoyo Digimatic caliper is refusing to work and says "Err 05".
Would anyone have any idea what this may mean?

Coin cell (battery) low?

Dirty scale (just wipe it clean along the whole length).

Need to remove the coin cell, turn it "on" to discharge it
totally, let it sit for a few minutes, then re-insert the (fresh)
coin cell. Sometimes, bouncing contacts when installing the battery can
confuse the tiny little CPU in the thing and letting it go to sleep to
forget what had happened is the easiest way to clear it.

I don't have a manual with mine, or I would try looking up the
error code. If you have the manual for yours -- you could try that.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564