Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default New Gun Problem

I bought this chick gun as I call it a couple of years ago I guess.
It is a Model 60 (I think) S&W .357 Mag. 5 shot. The other day I
shot it with another for the first time and this thing shoots 1.5'
low @ maybe 200'. It has one of those like fiber optic plastic end
sights and wondering if I have to have the bottom of the big red
dot above the "rail".

Shot 288/300 to qualify with mine. 2" barrel. .357 loads. I like that
gun, and carry it on a Safariland paddle holster. Very concealable. As for
hitting the target, I have several pistols that are exactly the same way.
There definitely has to be something wrong with them, as I can't shoot them
and get good scores. ;-) And I know I'm an expert shot who can pass a .38
through the mouth of a gnat and out the anus 39 out of 40 times with the
gnat flying.

steve