Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Just had a thought about surge suppressors...

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 12:15:12 -0700 (PDT), w_tom
wrote:

On Sep 29, 12:34*pm, bud-- wrote:
Provided often and ignored. For example a few months ago on this
newsgroup when w_ posted his drivel.

Bud could have posted manufacturer specifications that claim
protection from each type of surge. But Bud is promoting protectors
that provide no such protection. So Bud does here what Bud does
everywhere - post insults.

For anyone who has never seen posts by w_tom before, be forewarned.
He's a usenet kook, who has been known to post advice that could kill
you if followed. His rants about surge suppression are just that -
rants of a lunatic. Bud performs a valuable service by rebutting W_Tom
to make sure the unwary are not fooled, and possible put at risk.

Bud has truth on his side, as well as documentation from the agencies
that are in charge of Electrical safety codes. They all disagree with
W_Tom. He's truly a sicko. You'll rarely see him post, except in
threads pertaining to surge suppression or lightning. I believe he
scans even groups he doesn't normally follow for any mention fo
certain key words like surge or lightning.

I'm sure he'll respond to this post with an attack on me. That's okay.
As long as nobody follows W_Tom's advice and gets hurt, it's well
worth any abuse he wants to lay on me.